“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mark Kanemura: Lady GaGa Gave MeThe Courage To Be Myself

If you watched "Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden" on HBO last weekend you may have noticed this gorgeous fellow right here >>>>>>>>>>>>

His name is Mark Kanemura; Most recognize him from Season 4's So You Think You Can Dance.  I totally loved him during that season and felt he deserved the win, more-so than Joshua or Twitch.  I mean look at him, he's absolutely beautiful.

And for those who never knew, Mark was a part of Lady Gaga's entourage during the Monster Ball Tour.  I knew it was him dancing up there, but of course I had my skeptics. Well in June of last year, Mark had an interview with PopWatch from The New York Post, where he stated that Lady Gaga gave him the courage to be himself.  Here is part of that awesome interview...
PW: It kind of foreshadowed your work on the Lady GaGa tour. What has that been like?
Mark: It’s been a dream come true. It sounds so generic to say that, but at the same time, people who know me know that working with her was so specific to me. That was the one job I put out into the universe. I just had to, had to, had to dance with this amazing artist. There’s just something about her that I need to be around and experience. 

PW: I'd imagine it's a very surreal existence on tour with GaGa.
Mark: It is. You wake up, go throughout your day and end up on stage with this incredible freak. I could not believe that I was doing that. I was so drawn to her was because I felt the way that she viewed art was relatable to me. She gave me courage to be who I was, and who I wanted to be and sometimes it’s hard to wear that freaky self that I am. She’s really inspirational. The journey itself has been incredible. 


PW: How has working with her changed your dancing?
Mark: They way that she is with her music and her fashion is the way that she is with her dance. When she’s performing, she holds nothing back. She lays it out there for you. To be around someone like that, who encourages you to go there, is incredible. Plus the choreographers – Laurie Ann Gibson and Richie Jackson – do an incredible job of not only choreographing, but encouraging the dancers to put ourselves in the dance. And that’s rare in the industry. They don’t want robots on there. 

PW: How did you get hired, an open call?
Mark: The story itself is crazy because I couldn’t go to the audition. I was in Nebraska teaching, so it was a huge gamble not going to the audition for an artist I really wanted to work with. But I had worked with the choreographers before somehow they remembered me from this past job, so they hired me.

PW: So you got the news in Nebraska?
Mark: When my agent told me I literally started crying my eyes out. I was running around with crazy eyes and people were scared. And on top of that I had just had this large cup of extremely large coffee, so those two together weren’t a great combination. I was bouncing off the walls, crying, screaming. It was the most ridiculous thing. I lost my marbles.

PW: Can you pinpoint a most memorable moment with her?
Mark: [laughs] It would have to be my first [performance with GaGa], the VMA’s doing "Paparazzi." Although, when I first met her, that was crazy too. She came in and we showed her the routine and I was like, “ok Mark, this is your opportunity” so danced harder than I ever had before. And I almost had an asthma attack [laughs].

And for those who question his homosexuality, I'll let the following pictures answer that for you.  The pictures feature another Lady Gaga dancer, Jeremy Hudson, who's appeared in her music videos, Telephone, Alejandro, and Born This Way.


More pics, and a very hot video after the jump...





3 comments:

Ryan said...

You're so right my love..again. lol I should have believed you. He really bulked up since SYTYCD and that's hot. He's just YUMMY as ever and I'm glad he's getting to perform with Gaga. I think we can all agree that this victory is way better then ever winning SYTYCD. Everything happens for a reason. It always does. You go Mark!

Anonymous said...

I Couldn't Agree more with Ryan. Mark is Yummy besides a really great dancer. And be a Gaga's dancer is better than win SYTYCD.

I like Gaga even more now just because Mark is her dancer. Hehehehe


Joy Noronha - Brazil

PS: Sorry for any mistake, english is not my home language.

Unknown said...

It's okay Joy, thanks for the comment. Mark is truly beautiful, I've always enjoyed his performances and working with Gaga has been a blessing for him. We saw him on Saturday Night Live last Saturday, he was hotter than ever!

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter